The Smelting Pool Forum
October 23, 2017, 08:51:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I have added this forum on 10\07\2009!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam  (Read 2396 times)
Stevan (Lord Straxus)
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »

Well, I don't think I had any valid, non-spamming posters, but if so, sorry.  I quit watching my forum due to lack of activity, but of course spammers found it, and I had new account permissions set too easy, so my forum got thousands of spam messages...  I just cleared them all out.  I just find it funny since no one is on here but me at the point the spam started, so I can't believe someone would waste the time and effort.

Hopefully, this will actually be a good and useful forum at some point.  If you were a valid user and want to actually post real messages, please re-register, and I will get you approved and in.  Thanks
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:07:11 PM by Stevan (Lord Straxus) » Logged
Stevan (Lord Straxus)
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 07:09:18 AM »

OK, when I cleared everything out, I changed registration to approval, but now my mailbox is getting filled up with tons of spammers seeking approval.  For now, I have disabled registration completely. Angry

I hate to do this since I don't want to make it hard for new users to use my already not used board, but what can I do?  If you really want to get on my Forum legitimately for what it is intended, please email me.  My address is on the home page.  I will gladly help you get setup then.  I will most likely also re-enable registration after a while if it seems the spammers have moved on.  Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: